Seed Fund Grant for New University Positions in Turkish Studies
- SUNY Binghamton (Department of History, Assistant Professorship)
Sabbatical Research Grants
- Zeynep Devrim Gursel (Macalester College)
- "Imaging an Empire: Photographic Envoys as Evidence and Tools of Governmentality"
- Zeynep Kilic (University of Alaska)
- "From Slums to the Bosphorus, From Mosque to Synagogue, From Ottoman Palace to McDonalds: Tables of Istanbul"
- Oya Dursun-Ozkanca (Elizabethtown College)
- "Turkish Foreign Policy in the Western Balkans and Implications on Transatlantic Security Relations"
Dissertation Writing Grants
- Monica Katiboglu (University of California, Irvine)
- "Haunted Modernities: Linguistic and Cultural Change in Ottoman Turkey"
- Emin Lelic (University of Chicago)
- "Ilm-i firaset and the Ottoman Weltanschauung: A Window into the Soul of an Empire"
Heath W. Lowry Distinguished Dissertation Writing Fellowship
- Nir Shafir (University of California, Los Angeles)
- "The Road from Damascus: The Construction and Mobility of Knowledge in an Ottoman Holy Land, 1620-1720"
Mark Pinson Grant for Graduate Research on the Ottoman Balkans
- Harun Buljina (Columbia University)
- "The Ends of Empire: Local Politics and the Nation State in the Late and Post Ottoman Balkans, 1903-43"
Library Acquisition Grants
- Ahmet Serdar Akturk (Georgia Southern University)
- Ramazan Kilinc & James Shaw (University of Nebraska at Omaha)
- Walter G. Andrews (University of Washington)
Turkish Studies Academic Conference Grant
- Uli Schamiloglu (University of Wisconsin Madison)
- "American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Graduate Pre-Conference"
Grants for the Publication of Scholarly Books and Journals
- Kemal Karpat (University of Wisconsin Madison)
- "International Journal of Turkish Studies"
- Kent Schull (Binghamton University (SUNY))
- "The Journal of Ottoman and Turkish Studies"
Summer Language Study Grants
- Kate Dannies (Georgetown University)
- Server Koray Er (Yale University)
- Nilufer Duygu Eriten (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Susanna Elizabeth Ferguson (Columbia University)
- Alexandra Catrina Frankel (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- Lydia Danielle Harrington (Boston University)
- Ian Foss Hathaway (Yale University)
- Peter Francis Kitlas (Princeton University)
- Rosabel Pauline Martin-Ross (Georgetown University)
- Jonathan Claymore McCollum (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Rachel Clare Midura (Stanford University)
- Elizabeth Pertner (George Washington University)
- Kara Anne Peruccio (University of Chicago)
- Ricardo Rivera (University of California, Berkeley)
- Leticia Rios Rodriguez (University of Texas, Austin)
- Reuben Silverman (University of California, San Diego)
- Matthew G. Sohm (Harvard University)
- John Michael Stovall (SUNY Albany)
Teaching Aids Grants
- Jason Christopher Vivrette (University of California, Berkeley)
Return to top