- Jashua David Hendrick (Loyola University Maryland)
- Birsen Bulmuş (Appalachian State University)
Dissertation Writing Grants
- Yasemin Gencer (Indiana University, Bloomington)
- "Delivering the Satirical Punch: Reform, Secularism, and Nationalism in the Cartoons of the Early Republican Period in Turkey (1923-1928)"
- Alana M. Henninger (The City University of New York)
- "A Cross-country Comparison of Institutional Responses to Honor Violence"
- Jeffery W. Dyer (Boston College)
- "Ottomans in the Age of Empire: Ottoman State-Building and Diplomacy in the Arabian Peninsula and Indian Ocean, 1870-1914"
- Elizabeth Nolte (University of Washington)
- "Charting the Troubled Times: Ahmet Hamdi Tanpinar's Literary Legacy in the Era of Republican Transformations"
- Gloria Selene Hinojosa (Texas State University)
- George I. Paganelis (California State University, Sacramento)
- James N. Tallon (Lewis University)
- David Selim Sayers (San Francisco State University)
- Edward J. Shephard (Binghamton University)
- Uli Schamiloglu (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- "American Association of Teachers of Turkic Languages Graduate Pre-Conference"
Publication Subvention Grants
- Kemal Karpat (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- "International Journal of Turkish Studies"
- Kent Schull (Binghamton University (SUNY)
- "The Journal of Ottoman and Turkish Studies"
- Zeynep Kezer (Newcastle University)
- "Building the Nation-State: State, Space, and Ideology in Early Republican Turkey"
Summer Language Grants
- Stefan Hock (Georgetown University)
- Kate Dannies (Georgetown University)
- Monica Katiboğlu (University of California, Irvine)
- Caroline McKusick (University of California, Davis)
- Kristen Stoeckeler (University of Minnesota)
- Dilyara Agisheva (Georgetown University)
- Graham Auman Pitts (Georgetown University)
- Daniel Steven Fields (Princeton University)
- Erol Koymen (University of Texas, Austin)
Post-Doc Summer Travel Grants
- William Smiley (Harvard University)
Return to top